Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More BYU adventures

 Finally, after 28 years, I hiked the Y! 
When Jacob was done with his orientation tours, we finished our shopping by buying him some groceries (I even bought him some flour & sugar-he'll make cookies, I know he will).  We quickly put them away and headed for "Y Mount" towering over campus.  We drove up the foothills, parked then proceeded up the mile long switch-backs leading to the Y. 


Not long after we started, this is what it looked like.  I was already falling behind.
It was way tougher than it looked.
And of course, this is what happened-- them waiting for me.



Joey stayed with me so I wouldn't be alone.  He had a friend hiking the canyon
recently that heard a cougar growling as she walked.  It's good he stayed
cause I was huffing so hard that a cougar could take me easily ( uh...it was the altitude).  Thank you Joseph!

Jacob made it in 20 minutes, Dad, 25 min, Me and Joseph 40 minutes (those kids sitting behind us said they did it in 50, ha, I beat them!)  (You can see the Provo temple just below Joey)  Here I am calling our nieces Mary & LynDee because we would be late for dinner (which was in 20 minutes).
We totally underestimated!
 
It was a perfect day for climbing which ended with a beautiful view.  I don't know why I never did this before!
I guess I was just waiting for the right people to take me!

Okay, so this isn't a picture that I took of Mary and LynDee, but I forgot to take one at our dinner.
Sorry girls!  We had a real nice dinner and went for ice cream afterwards.  We thoroughly enjoyed
talking and joking with them.  They sure are cute, aren't they?



After dinner, we were ready to take Jacob back to the orientation dance (a real one this time) but he wanted to go to the late movie instead.  At first I was worried that he needed to go to the dance and meet people but soon realized how nice it was that our kids wanted to be with us.  The four of us had had a good time and didn't really want it to end. So we went to the movie that ended a little after midnight, then we took Jacob to his dorm to stay his first night.  Thankfully we were all too tired for it to be dramatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10