Saturday, August 13, 2011

Have you heard the rumor?



There seems to be a question going around that makes eyebrows raise and mouths fall open.  It doesn't seem like information that could have any truth to it but certainly needs to be verified.  I'm in a position to do just that....It's true.  The Whitakers are moving to..
sunny Los Angeles, California.  Dad has been offered a job that will be a great opportunity.  I know many of you may think that it took arm twisting to get me to even accept the possibility since I've always said that I would never move there.  Well, all Dad had to do was ask me to have an open mind to the Spirit's promptings and the Spirit did the rest.  We both feel at peace with the decision and look forward to the adventures, lessons to learn, and people to meet.  Granted there have been fears and tears that we are still working on overcoming but I know everything will be okay.
The specifics are:  Kinecta Credit Union in Manhattan Beach.
I'm house hunting next week and packing up the next (the kids need to start school).
The kids are sad to leave but are being real troopers about everything.
Dad (Bishop) will be staying behind to finish his job here until Sept 9.
We don't have a house yet (big surprise) and may have to rent (another big surprise, she said sarcastically).  But I must say the houses are certainly a change from what I see here in NC (some of it very interesting, no sarcasm this time). 
We have loved everything about living in North Carolina and will totally miss all of our friends.  You've been so good to us.  I'm grateful that technology will help keep us connected. 

4 comments:

  1. We will miss you so much!! I have loved getting to know you and your family. Please let us know what we can do to help you in the move (maybe a few playdates?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get emotional until I read this! I can't believe it's actually true! You will me misssed by my family greatly! (Okay, so some of us may miss Rachel the most)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! We will miss ya'll too!

    ReplyDelete

09 10