Monday, September 12, 2011

Finally, all on the same side of the country

Dad is home for good!  I really feel for him cause he had to do the month long goodbye while I had a few days to say goodbye, then weeks of setting up a new house.  While I became misty when I remembered all that I love about NC is far away, I could quickly refocus at the task at hand.  But for Joseph, he was balancing his attention between two coasts while daily saying goodbyes.  Tough stuff.
Nevertheless...he arrived at LAX on 9-11.  No it didn't escape us that our nation was mourning and on high alert.  We just tried to put it out of our mind and prayed that nothing would happen again.
Prayers answered. 
 He's at his first day of work
as we speak. 


These pictures that I've been posting were taken this summer at our favorite Tanglewood Park in NC by a friend Alyson Shultz-- fun lady and great photographer.  (You can see her work here)  We were rushing around taking the pics because it was thundering overhead.  It even sprinkled a little on us.  Alyson was great and got everything done just before it started to rain.  The twist to this pic is that Esther is stone face while Matthew is smiling.  It's usually the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10