Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My baby's in preschool!

Finally, it's Abby's turn!  She had her first day at preschool yesterday and boy was she excited.  As we drove to school, she kept saying over and over, "I can't believe I get to go to school! I can't believe I get to go to school!"  Then she started talking about doing homework.  I tried to tell her that she wouldn't have homework but she assured me that she would.  Sure enough, she has to bring something back to share with the class.  I think I can handle that. Notice the change in the spelling of her nickname.  That's how she told her teacher to spell it.  I've always just spelled it Abi but who can argue with a four-year-old who can even remember the spelling!
 We were a little late getting started plus we had to fill out a bunch of paper work so when we started taking her to class, they were outside playing.  As we approached, her new teacher recognized her from our previous visit and called out "Abby!" with her arms opened wide.  Abby walked right in, gave her a hug and went right to work playing.  We all had to call her back to say goodbye and give me a hug.
 It was all a little bittersweet.  I'm thrilled that she is so excited and that her teachers seem to be very loving.  But I will miss her especially since she is my last.  She somehow represents to me all of my children.  She is the last that I will get to cuddle up with or kiss a "booboo" or take shopping (mixed emotions on that one). I think about that each time she makes a milestone--this is the last time. I'm going to miss having  a little one in the house. 
The sparkles in this picture happened by accident (or did it?) but I think it represents so well the feelings that were felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10