Friday, October 11, 2013

Put on your purple hat



The Purple Hat

Beautiful Women
Age 3:  She looks at herself and sees a Queen.

Age 8:  She looks at herself and sees Cinderella.

Age 15:  She looks at herself and see an Ugly Sister (Mom, I can't go to school looking like this!)

Age 20:  She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"; but decides she's going out anyway.

Age 30:  She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"; but decides she doesn't have time to fix it so she's going out anyway.

Age 40:  She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly"; but says, "At least, I am clean" and goes out anyway.

Age 50:  She looks at herself and sees "who she really is" and goes wherever she wants to go.

Age 60:  She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore, goes out and conquers the world.

Age 70:  She looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out and enjoys life.

Age 80:  She doesn't bother to look, just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.


I found this old computer print out in a binder that I was cleaning out today.  It made me smile to recognize similar feelings that I've had throughout my life.  I laughed out loud at age 40 cause I can't count the number of times that I've thought that very same thing (just this week).  Then I thought of of my girls and how they've followed right along with the first 4 ages.  And then I thought of Sarah and how she is seems to be jumping ahead.  She's conquering, enjoying and having fun on her trip in Europe.
Where're my purple hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10