Monday, June 30, 2014

Branching out

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to venture from the couch.
Joseph's strategic planning meeting comes this time every year,
and I really didn't want to miss out on the good food,
maid service, change of scenery, and of course 
spending time with Joseph.
The doctor gave me the go ahead as long as I kept my foot elevated most of the time.
How hard could that be?

One thing I discovered was that the middle back seat wasn't really 
meant to be sat on for long car rides.


The hotel was a set of "bungalows" with rock or brick paths in-between.
It was located in the hills of Santa Barbara with a great view
over the city and the ocean.
Unfortunately you can't see it in the picture I took as we were leaving, but that's 
the ocean where the clouds are hanging out.


These brick paths are tougher to roll over than you think.
This beautiful courtyard is where we had the first night's dinner.

Our cute little room is the one on the bottom because of course I couldn't go up the stairs.
This is where I spent my days.  Not too bad, huh?  The only thing that would have made it better would have been
a porch with a soft chair.  I'm sure it was a handicapped room because I could roll
right into the shower.  Pretty sweet!

It was the only time in my life that my shoes didn't take a third of my suitcase space.

And today, with the help of my kids, I went grocery shopping after 4 weeks.
I loved driving the electric cart around the store and
pointing to what we needed.
We were a great team!!



The even better part was that they put it all away when we got home!!
What more could I ask for?!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10