Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Human, right?


We're all human right? (some wish they were......Roxy)
So as humans, we know that not everything goes smoothly yet we really hope it does.
I'm no exception.  I've really hoped that my new Word of Wisdom health plan would be a piece of cake...cake?  Bad choice of words.   Maybe it's because this last week was my birthday week and there was some slippage in the healthy eating department. I was also pulled in several directions that kept me from exercising.  So, as a result, I gained weight instead of lost for the first time since I began.  I don't think this bodes well for me and the holiday seasons that are quickly coming up.

But just as anything we do in life, we must try, try again to do our best.  When it doesn't work, then figure out what needs to be adjusted.  From what I've seen, this is what I need to do for now:

  1. Mental: For me, I need to, most of all, remember that I'm in this for the long haul.  It's about being healthy by following God's pattern.  I'm not doing this to lose weight, although that would be great if it happens. Just as I would read scriptures to keep me on the straight and narrow, I need to read a little every day about what is healthy to keep my head in the game.
  2. exercise:  make sure that I do 30 minutes of exercise at least 4-5 times a week.  Surely God didn't mean for us to spend all of our extra time in the gym when we could be doing good elsewhere.  He also didn't want us to be sedentary either.  There's got to be both.
  3. stress/tired:  I tend to be a stress eater.  So when my schedule gets hectic, I graze through the day and usually not on the things I should eat.  When I'm tired, it gets even worse.  So better sleep and better scheduling.
  4. junk food:  Although I've chosen to follow the Word of Wisdom, I haven't  required my family to live it like I do.  They get it a little because I cook their meals, but I haven't banned anything from the house.  So Friday night candy and Family Home Evening treats are still plentiful (not good for any of us).  Buy less? Throw away?  Alternatives?  This one's going to be harder since it involves others.  I'll get back to you on that one.
"We need a generation of young people who, as Daniel,
 eat in a more healthy manner--and whose countenances show it."
President Ezra Taft Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10