Saturday, September 17, 2016

Who is this kid?



Who is that? 
Who is hiding behind those cool Ray-Bans?
Why, I think it's Matthew!

(He would be totally mortified, as any teenage boy would, that his mother is making him the center of attention by talking about him, but...I'm going to do it anyway.  Cause, in the end, I want him to know that I think he's fantastic!)

I've had the privilege of getting to know him these last 17 years and have come to
recognize greatness in him.
He tries to hide it through teasing, joking and heavy sarcasm, but he's really got a big heart and he feels deeply the connections he makes with others and God.
He's also become quite persuasive, clever and focused (or should I say, more so).
This will be his last year at home before he heads off to college and a life away from us.
Exciting and new experiences await, so I'm grateful for the past 17 years,
 and hope the 18th is a great one!
Happy Birthday Matthew!
Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10