Monday, April 4, 2011

catch up and hope

A bit of catch up:
  • 102 blog posts today (the 100th was a quiet celebration in my head)
  • projects, projects projects
  • exercise with my "Firm" videos = jelly legs.  There was a couple of days that I couldn't move.  The Firm is one of the best workouts I've done for legs.
  • first time in a long time that I consistently lost weight each day!! Yea!
  • lost 2 lbs only to gain them over the weekend.  must....say....no....! 
Abi's downward dog stretch.  What form!


  • project #1--refinish $20 kitchen table to be our new coffee table (work still in progress...must cut the legs shorter still) pictures to follow another day 
  • project #2--putting together 3 quilts for the Young Women to tie and donate to the Church Welfare Program serving Japan.
  •  project #3 --get my house back in order after project 1 & 2.
  •  Matthew has started baseball after years of not playing.  He's a little lost on the details but has a great arm.
  • registered Jacob for classes at BYU, got him a bed and a meal plan.  It won't be long now!
Our tulips have fully bloomed.  I love pulling up in the driveway.
  •  General Conference (between baseball and a funeral, only got to see two sessions) Loved what I heard:  service, stay strong in adversity, love your spouse, listen to the Spirit to name a few.
With everything this past weekend, I've been deep in thought about how precious and fleeting life is.  I found myself looking at my family differently and giving frequent long hugs.  We have been given such a gift to be here on a beautiful earth with loved ones to surround us.  We should treasure each other and make the moments count.  If by chance we are separated by death, I'm grateful for the knowledge that there is a plan for us to be together again through Christ's atonement.  It gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10