Friday, July 1, 2011

"running hair" & best friends

I'm so out of practice!  Because all my older children are not at home, I'm having to worry about what to do with the younger kids. I'm used to having someone around to help babysit while I run to the store or while Joseph and I go on a date.  So I've been taking them with me a lot or just staying home.  But it's been a good way to spend more time with the kids.   

When we went out the other day, I called Abi in the bathroom to do her hair.  As I brushed it she reached up, pointed to the top of her head and said, "I want my running hair."  Cute!


 
Abi got to play with Kalyn, her best friend!



Then Kalyn and her sister Jocie came over to our house while the movers packed up their house.  We are all going to miss our friends terribly cause they are moving far away!!  Abi cried all thru church when Kalyn was gone one Sunday.  There will be major withdrawals for all of us.  They have a son, Rostin (at camp this week), that is Matthew's age.  And their mom, Jamille, has become one of my closest friends.  We talk a lot and depend on each other for "kid watching".  She's been a great example to me as well.  She's always on top of things.  Their dad, Troy, has been in the Young Men's program at our church so he's been a great influence for  my boys as well.  We will truly miss them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10