Thursday, June 28, 2018

Blue and White

With the change of the seasons comes another change of my colors.  A combination that I have surprisingly never done is blue and white.  I started collecting it  before I was married 32 years ago.  It started with cobalt blue canisters given to me by my mother and blue and white dishes I found for my hope chest.  It has been my go-to color through the years and I use it as a base or a neutral in many instances.  So why I've never put all my blue out at the same time is puzzling.  And believe it or not, I didn't have room to put it all on display.  I think I have a problem...



I found this set of china in a consignment shop in North Carolina for $35.
When we flew to Italy through Amsterdam, the airline gave us these cute Delft houses and I bought the boy and girl kissing figurine at the airport.
Zeus blends with the room.

My canister collection has grown.  I love how the light intensifies the blue!
Keeping it real...this is what it really looks like

I've never shown the whole side of this room because of the big black hole, but I do love the blue and white with copper and browns.


The living room is a little more subtle.
As much as I like receiving flowers, I would really rather get plants.  It speaks to my practical side because they last longer.  My wonderful husband got me these lovely plants for Mother's Day.
This picture that I found in an antique store is my favorite in the house (besides family pics of course).  And the wood piece is "gingerbread" off of a  100-yr-old house in North Carolina.
This adorable box was made by Esther.
My mom made the stain glass when I was in Jr High.
The blue pots are always there.  I just added hydrangeas to get even more color.

I've loved that cobalt is an "in" color right now.  With the 4th of July next week, I usually add a little red but I don't know that I'll have time this year. 
 Summer is getting away from me already!!



2 comments:

  1. I recognize a couple of pieces. So glad you were able to salvage some of what I sent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love what you sent me! But I'm even more grateful that you thought of me!

    ReplyDelete

09 10