Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mermaid bridal shower

I was going through old blog posts and found this draft that I never posted.  So many people helped with this bridal shower, it's sad that I never acknowledged them.  Thank you ladies!  This was such a fun party!!

June 2015
 From the day that I offered to help with the shower, I've been collecting items.  Lisa's sisters had the idea of a mermaid theme because Lisa loves them and she's almost one herself.  So we went with it.  Her colors are Tiffany blue and pink and she loves anything retro.  Love it!!


My very first find was this beautiful "modest" mermaid I found on Amazon.  She's perfect because of her colors.  She even looks like Lisa!  And boy let me tell you, it's hard to find modest mermaids.  So be careful when you use a search engine because you'll get an eye full.

I put her on the largest wall and was actually wanting to put more things on the netting but in the end I got busy with other things and it didn't get done.  Oh well, she still looked great!


We added strings of balloons around the room to look like bubbles under the sea.





The pearl idea came from a Christmas post on My Heart's Ease.  I love its magical feel!!
 I simplified it for our purpose.

Mermaid 2 Cropped



I made this sign the night before the shower.  I was saving it til last because I wasn't sure I would have time to paint it.   But in the end, I just had to do it.  I love how it turned out!!
You can't see it, but in the picture frame next to the sign is a picture of Jacob and Lisa
swimming among the kelp under the sea.  Perfect!





The buffet table was set with all sorts of treasures and even a picture of Lisa wearing a mermaid type fin.  The cute mermaid and sea grass on the hutch were borrowed from my friend Kim.
If you look between the water and pink lemonade servers you'll see another one of my great finds.
It's a girl surfing!!


She was one of my early finds in an antique store.  Since Lisa was a state champion surfer,
this little metal surfer was perfect.  She was even the right colors!1


The food had a definite sea theme.

Crab salad sandwiches, get it? 

Spinich artichoke dip with a cute pepper crab guarding his stash made by my friend Kim

chicken salad with cranberries  star fish sandwiches
Cucumber  sandwiches, both sandwiches made by my friend Linda

These cute oyster cookies were put together by my mother and sister Colleen.  The yummy icing was
made by Colleen's husband (cream cheese and butter!!)

The mermaid tray had pink goldfish, pastel mints, and salted toffee oyster crackers (love these!!!!)
Sam's cupcakes with chocolate candies made the night before in my kitchen.
We also had some other yummies like fruit salad brought by Lisa, clam dip (our family favorite), and tastey lettuce wraps brought by Janene Z.
Janene Z brought 3 tables with chairs to set up utside along with some table clothes and Linda loaned us the lanterns.

Better late than never, haha!!
Thanks Ladies!!



2 comments:

09 10