Sunday, January 23, 2011

small changes in the kitchen


Chicken butter dish: Kmart;
favorite red dish: thrift;
bowl sets: Home Goods

 I made a few small changes in my kitchen that make me smile.  I think I mentioned before that I like red.  I actually love all bright colors especially paired with white.  Anyway, this is my winter color scheme (it worked great with Christmas and will be for Valentines too).  I plan on making small changes with inexpensive dishes and finds at different times of the year.  It fulfills my interest in decorating, gives a fresh  look on things every once in a while and just makes me smile when I enter the kitchen.

You'll probably also notice a slight retro/farm theme.  I always dreamed of farm life and living in a simpler time (I was a devoted Little House on the Prairie watcher).  Since my hubby isn't so inclined, this is as close as I can get for now.


"Kitchen" sign: Hobby Lobby; cow sign: antique; scalloped tin plates: antique

cow creamer: $8 antique; bowls: Ross Home Goods; chicken salt & pepper: Kmart
dishes: Walmart, Home Goods and the pretty one in the middle was a
Christmas gift from Sarah, Thanks again!
And for those who are wondering about my awful header at the top, it will change next week with a new month.  I've been teaching myself this blogger/picture/elements/layout/html thing and it's slow going.  But I do love the learning process (always have) and especially creating something new.  The beauty is that I can "scrapbook" without spending so much on the supplies.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10