Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hilton Head 2/ Savannah

This day I didn't have a regular camera because batteries were out on both of them.  Luckily, someone reminded me about my cell phone (all my pictures on my phone are ones that my kids have taken).  So the following are taken from my cell.  I'm shocked at their digital quality.  My last phone was the pits.

"The Ladies" who are the "board wives" and I took a 1 1/2 hr boat ride to Savannah, GA
to have a wonderful lunch in the first house built there(we even ate in the first room built) and then to walk
around seeing the sites.  If you look carefully, you'll notice the one lone "board husband" peeking out. 
He got some interesting looks from other men that day.

We have our own street!  We actually have one here in our town too.  Whitaker seems
to be a popular southern name.

That's real Georgia gold on the city hall dome.

If you look closely this basset hound is sleeping on his stuffed "likeness".

We came home to find this parked under our crazy tree.  I had to take a picture for my kids, especially
Rachel.  I could see her riding in this..  When she was little she didn't know a stranger and was
always happy.  A teacher once called her her "flower child".  The funny thing is that we saw the
driver of the car later.  It was a gray haired man that looked like he had walked off the golf course.
Maybe he needed to borrow it from his granddaughter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10