Sunday, August 7, 2011

during prayer, have you ever....

Have you ever been in the middle of prayer(behind closed doors) when you hear one of your children (usually the younger ones) calling your name over and over and you know they won't stop until you answer?  How distracting is that!  What do you do?  I'd like to believe that because Heavenly Father loves my child as much and even more than I do that He is okay with me saying "just a minute" or "I'll be there in a minute" then resume my prayer.  The only time that doesn't work is when a child, at the instant they hear me answer, they start in with whatever question or problem they have.  So I have to choose accordingly.  Sometimes they just walk in on me before I can say anything.  They quickly get the message and tip toe out, at least the older kids will.  I've actually had a child stand next to me while I finished.  Those prayers may not be deep communications with God but the example for my children is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10