Sunday, April 8, 2012

Catalina Island get away

My how things have changed, yet stayed the same.   For spring break on Friday, we took the kids on a boat to Catalina Island.  I went there as a kid with my family and thought it would be fun to experience it again with our kids.

Below is me and my sister Colleen on the boat going to the island.

Now, sisters can enjoy the ride in style and comfort.  Although, I must say that I was disappointed that we didn't get to sit outside....kind of ....I did enjoy not having a sunburn and the wind drying my contacts.  We did find out though that most of us need motion sickness medicine . . .the hard way.  Joseph and I l took it before we left, but made sure that all the older kids had it before going back.  It was a much better return trip.

Walking was the main means of getting around (doesn't my mom look stylish?)

Although we walked the waterfront area, we also took advantage of the golf carts to take an hour tour of Avalon and the valley.

I must say, now that I look at these old pictures, I can see that there was a lot more beach back then and the pier was shorter.

This isn't the beach but an area of sand above the beach which is down the steps just behind Abby. No matter, it was too cold to go in the water anyway.

It was a fun day.  I'll share more pictures tomorrow, but for now, I'm going to bed.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10