Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Every married couple need some time away

Kids, work, church, kids, car pool, lessons, cleaning, kids, bills, cooking, etc, etc.  There are so many things that demand our time and attention.  It's so easy to let our married relationships take a back seat.  I can't tell you how many married people I've talked to who rarely if ever, take time away from the day to day to spend with just each other.  Over the years, Joseph and I have learned to be stingy with two things, our Friday night dates, and our yearly anniversary trip.  I highly recommend any couple to try it.  It's wonderful to have a little time to be just the two of you.  After all, that's how we started and that's how we'll eventually end up.

This year, our trip was really short since we wanted to save money.  We also stayed at a local resort just a couple miles from our home so we wouldn't have to travel (the perks of living in Southern CA).  Funny thing is that we've been here 3 years now, and this was the first time we actually got to enjoy our local area like other tourists do.  I can honestly say that I would vacation here again (2 nights and a day just wasn't enough).  The good news is that we are blessed to live here too!

The following is my advertisement for all married couples:


Yes, that is a lobster taco that I ate.  I also had fish.  The food all weekend was to die for!!
Thankfully I only gained 1.5 lbs.



We both thought we could sleep in but our internal clocks just wouldn't let us.
On the flip side, we got to read our scriptures on the patio while watching the sun rise.
I'll take it.






Are you sold yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10