Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Decorating for Valentines

I am on a roll!  It seems to be feast or famine with me and right now I'm on the feast side of posting.
You caught a glimpse of the house in my last post about the wedding open house.
For Valentines I normally just add red in my decor but because of the wedding, 
I went the extra mile and added more hearts and flowers.
To simplify my dishes a little, I only moved a few things around from the winter white arrangement.  And I found cute heart bowls and love plates at Home Goods.
after
 before
Winter white is so soothing after all the bold colors of Christmas.
But I really do love me some red!
I also love these cute galvanized metal chargers with scalloped edges.
Zeus is unimpressed
Nothing else is new except for all the flowers that I found at Hobby Lobby.
I found a deep red garland, added pink flowers, berry stems, small white roses and various greens.
I think that the flowers at Hobby Lobby are a better quality and 
more realistic than the other craft stores.
I love jumbled country bouquets.  Aren't the peonies and ranunculus pretty?
 Entry
Tried my hand at a chalkboard sign
 I put twinkle lights in all of the flowers and had candles throughout
for the open house.  It definitely had a romantic feel.
I loved how it all came together and was sad when the party was over and 
there wasn't any need to light everything.
But I'll get one more fix and light it up for Valentines.
Although I love the flowers, they are a bit of overkill for me.
I'm ready for some Spring colors!


2 comments:

09 10