Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The first casualty of the holidays

Wouldn't you know we would start out vacation with an injury. This morning while getting Abby's horse poster ready for her show and tell today, I lifted it up and it poked her in the eye. We've had eye injuries in the family before so I thought this would be minor. I gave her instructions not to rub it and sent her off for her last day of school.  That didn't work. She gave her presentation then I picked her up for a visit to the emergency care.

Thankfully it's only a little scratch but now I'm way behind my preparations for our trip to Arizona. I'm writing this as we wait for the car to be washed and the prescription to be filled. I still have a list of things to do before we leave at 3. Let's just hope this is the extent of our holiday infirmities. No throw-ups or fevers please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10