Sunday, November 11, 2012

choosing college--BYUI in the cold!

Oh my goodness it's getting cold around here!!

Our second day was much colder, 23 degrees! Yikes!
Sarah didn't seemed phased at it at all, but I guess that's because she lives here.  The rest of us froze!

I actually haven't been up here since Sarah started school a couple of years ago.  So I was thrilled to see  the life she lives.  And it was my special privilege as Mom to take her shopping for what she needs.  Last time we got a lot from DI (Desseret Industries--a Mormon Good Will) but this time we bought new stuff, groceries and some Christmas decorations, and even a big princess coloring book.  It was a lot of fun!

We also got to see some friends from North Carolina, the Shirleys, who have moved back to Rexburg (their home town).  It was so fun to get caught up and talk of old times.

Most of Sarah's tour today was outside.  After a while, it was kind of hard to take pictures cause I couldn't feel my hands, but we had a good time.
Sarah introduced us to her friends' "puppy".
And took us to BYU's livestock area. 

The Rexburg Temple is right across the street from Sarah's apartment.
Her other roommate Andrea had a soccer championship game that we all watched from the warmth of our cars.  That's Kim sitting next to Sarah, and Joseph is in the backseat with Rachel.
It was 21 degrees outside!!!!
Then we came "home" to our cute hotel lobby.
Next stop BYU-Provo . . .

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to Idaho in the winter, but I hear it is cold cold cold. :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10