Tuesday, March 17, 2015

1 week, 2 birthdays


I can't let the day finish without saying a final Happy Birthday to my sweetheart.  He told me a long time ago that he has never liked celebrating St Patrick's day for his birthday, so I've never used it as a theme.  The funny thing is that his assistant at work blew right past that request and decorated his office in green from top to bottom.  And being the good sport that he is, he came home wearing green beads and a leprechaun hat.  I guess it's easier to let go of old notions as you get older.
Happy Birthday dear!!  You're not just getting older, you're getting better!!
Love you!

And while we were in DC last week, I totally ignored blogging (actually it's been a month) which means that I missed sending out a birthday wish to our newest teenager.  Although texting, calling and celebrating happened, I need to include my love for Esther here in my digital "journal".  It's so hard to believe that Esther's 13!!  She's such a sweet girl who still gets giddy with excitement over the simple joys in life.  And ever since she was little, she's been a hugger.  I just hope as we continue down this new phase of life with the hugs in tact.
Happy Birthday sweet girl!!
Love you!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10