Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween...done

Out of all the holidays, Halloween is last on my list.  I'm just not into celebrating the spooky.  I will, however, enjoy dressing up as a character, watching my kid's school parades, socializing at parties, and of course eating my fair share of candy. I used to  enjoy trick-or-treaters coming to our house but I think in the 5 years that we've lived here in CA, we've maybe had 3-4 families TOTAL knock on our door.   Yet, every year we turn on our porch light, put candy in a bowl, and wait. Nothing. 
 It's sooooo sad!

Thank heavens for elementary schools and churches who put on some great parties!

Every year, Abby's school does a dance then a parade by grades.  
She really got into dancing during the parade this year.

Arctic Princess and Judy Hopps didn't even get a pic together.  
Matthew was a no-show for costumes this year.  Too cool.


The Church had a chili cook-off and trunk-or-treat. Again this year, my veggie chili was not a top pick but at least most of it was eaten unlike my healthy cornbread (no eggs or oil).  I had about all of it to take home.  I even heard one mother caution her little one, "Oh, that is the healthy one" then directed her to choose a more fluffy sugary choice.  Was it that obvious?

Joseph and I both dressed in our western garb, because to us they are out of the norm.  Since I'm the photographer, you won't see me in any of the pictures.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  I did get a shot of Joseph and Abby with her two friends from school that she invited.  
One of them even brought her dad.

Notice the lights?  A first!!  No more boring trunk.  How many years did that take us???


Last but not least are our pumpkins.  I thought we would get away with not carving but the girls asked me several times over the weekend.  So I felt we had to do it to preserve tradition even though it was at the last minute before we went to bed on Halloween night.  
Esther, Me and Abby each did one.  Can you guess whose is whose? 
Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10