Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Happy 52 to Me!!

I want to celebrate my life!!
I've kind of flown under the radar for the last couple of years on this blog
only, really bringing attention to my kids and family.
On a whole, I've taken my own life for granted.  

But it has become abundantly clearer to me that my life is a miracle!

Just coming into existence, the odds were stacked against me.
My mother had two babies before me, both of whom never left the hospital.
My parents didn't believe a baby was in their future, 
yet here I am.
 I survived a major surgery before I was even 1 year old.
Mom married again and gave me the best father and two fun step sisters, yet
was never able to have any more children of her own.
I outgrew asthma and allergies, stepped over a sleeping rattlesnake,
 got thrown from a horse, been in two car accidents,
and continued to be healthy and strong.  

At times I've wondered why my life has been so blessed.
But through the years I've come to realize that God has a purpose for me.  
Part of it is that He needed me to meet a wonderful man and 
be prepared to bring 8 wonderful people into this world.
Each of them are their own kind of miracle.


So, today, I'm not going to bemoan my wrinkles and thinning hair
but recognize that they are a sign that I've made it this far!
My miracle birth, health, marriage, motherhood and LIFE
need to be celebrated!! 
         

3 comments:

09 10